Have you ever thought why our body will benefit of a good detox?
Many people are suffering (and sometimes unconsciously) from fatigue, headaches, insomnia, allergies, depression and a host of degenerative diseases due to excessive exposure to toxic substances.
The air, food and water supply are being constantly polluted with unwanted (toxic) chemicals.
Even most “healthy” foods in the supermarket have synthetic vitamins, genetically engineered ingredients and un-natural additives hidden under terms such as, “natural flavours” or “proprietary blend”.
Detoxing can help you…
1. Remove toxins from the body.
2. Prevent chronic disease.
3. Enhance immune system function.
4. Lose weight.
5. Slow premature aging.
6. Improve quality of life.
7. Increase energy.
8. Improve skin quality.
9. Mental and emotional clarity.
10. Restore balance to our body’s systems.
Our digestive, nervous, and hormonal systems were designed to work together to achieve optimum health.
When we overload them with toxins and unhealthy foods, these systems don’t work as well as they should and we get sick.
Detoxing brings balance back and helps our systems function properly again.
Here a list of 15 foods to help you detox your body, look & feel young at the same time!
1. Avocado – This is one of the most alkalizing foods available. Avocados are very high in vitamin E which is essential for glowing skin and shining hair. It also helps keep those wrinkles off your face. Have a raw avocado salad or a steamed one with some salt to add effect.
2. Berries – All berries, especially Gooseberries, are very rich in vitamin C and therefore highly useful to the body. Vitamin C helps in proper blood circulation and provides minerals and salts to all the body parts. Needless to say this helps the body to fight against aging and keep fit. Blueberries can also help block toxins from crossing the blood-brain barrier into fatty tissues of the brain.
3. Green vegetables – Broccoli, spinach, lettuce, salad leaves and other such greens are highly beneficial for the body. Not only do they help keep the body weight low but also help fight toxins. These veggies contain a compound that helps the liver produce adequate amounts of enzymes for detoxification. Fighting toxins is important because a highly toxic body is like a magnet for all kinds of diseases.
4. Garlic – It helps prevent cell degeneration, helps keep the blood thin and also prevents heart diseases. It is most beneficial when eaten raw.
5. Ginger – This root facilitates digestion and is therefore essential for the body. Ginger keeps bowel movement in shape, thereby enabling good gut health.
6. Nuts – Almonds and cashew nuts are like power houses of energy. Consuming nuts on a daily basis will fight that lethargic feeling and fill the body with immense energy.
7. Yogurt – Yogurt is rich is important minerals like potassium, calcium, protein and B vitamins. Apart from these, what makes yogurt one of the most powerful foods is the presence of live bacteria in it. This bacteria helps absorption of nutrients in the intestines and stabilizes the immune system.
8. Carrots – they have beta-carotene which helps to cleanse the body of heavy metals. A good juice to have is a mix of carrot, apple, lemon and ginger.
9. Melons –they have an alkalizing effect on the body and provide the essential fluids that it needs for performing various tasks.
10. Grapefruit – it has pectin which binds to heavy metals, helping to neutralize them for safe elimination.
11. Lemons – lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser
12. Onions – they cleanse the blood and help detoxify the respiratory tract.
13. Tomatoes – They are full of lycopene that helps delay ageing of the skin and protects your skin against sun damage. Tomatoes have lots of water that also helps maintain adequate amount of water content in your body during summer and the glow on your face.
14. Seafood – Rich in vitamins, minerals and high quality protein. It is good for your complexion as it has zinc and omega 3 acids that make your skin healthy.
15. Water –Please avoid carbonated drinks. Water is essential for our body. It flushes out all the toxins from the body. It also provides fluidity for the flow of blood. We should drink 1litre per 20kg of weight! That means at least 2 to 3 litres a day!
There is no need to look at your age anymore.
Flaunt a younger look and live much longer without needles and knives.
A good exercise routine, a diet rich of anti-aging foods and a good skin care line are your answers to obesity, illnesses and wrinkles.
To optimize your detoxification efforts: buy organic food (as much as possible); take high-quality, nutritional supplements (as needed); exercise (sweat) and avoid processed food and food with added sugar.