The New Year is approaching so I thought of writing a quick “how to set successful attainable and realistic goals”.
First of all make sure your goals are SMART.
SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant/Reachable, and Time-bound
- What do I want to accomplish?
- Why do I want to accomplish this?
- What are the requirements?
- What are the constraints?
- How will I measure my progress?
- How will I know when the goal is accomplished?
- How can the goal be accomplished?
- What are the logical steps I should take?
REACHABLE / RELEVANT / REWARDING
- Is this a worthwhile goal?
- Is this the right time?
- Do I have the necessary resources to accomplish this goal?
- Is this goal in line with my long term objectives?
- How long will it take to accomplish this goal?
- When is the completion of this goal due?
- When am I going to work on this goal
Your next step is to make a plan of action. As it’s only in action that we create results. How?
Action is what creates results, in both our personal lives and in business.
Think about romantic relationships – nothing ever happens until someone takes action, right? At some point, for that first date to happen, one of the two must become brave, break the ice, and ask the other one out.
The same is true in business – at some point, we must open our mouths, share what we are excited about, without hype, and invite another to at least take a look.
Anthony Robbins says –“In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.”
He reminds us that not only must we take action, we must also be consistent.
And how do we become consistent?
I always suggest to take one step at the time and start adding positive changes to your routine and take the bad habits away one at the time.
“The secret of success is consistency of purpose.” -Benjamin Disraeli
“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” -Robert Collier
Don’t forget to ask for help and have an accountability partner.
I’m going to host a “Shrink your waist, body and soul” Zen group in the New Year for you, who want to lose weight, be kept accountable, motivated and encouraged in your journey to a better version of yourself.
And if you want to start reducing your sugar intake, just click below!
Be positive and visualize your results. Expect success!
Leave me a comment below if you enjoyed this article!