Have you heard of the “unholy trinity” before? The combination of SUGAR , WHEAT and DAIRY in today’s life.
You know there are many “healthy foods” that aren’t actually healthy?
Without going into deep scientific explanations, here is a list of food often considered healthy, but actually full of sugar, processed wheat and dairy!
1. Cereals – when I read the label, and I see: sugar and colourant, that’s enough for me to leave it on the shelf. Sugar affects your fat loss, your ability to focus, suppresses your immune system which leads to chronic allergies and other diseases.
2. Fruit Juices (I’m not talking about your freshly squeezed juice from fresh fruit, I’m referring to the hi-sugar juices in the bottle juices you buy off the shelves)
3. Dried fruit (especially those trail mix packs, full of nuts and sugar dried fruit)
4. Wheat bagels & whole wheat pasta and bread – Today’s wheat is so processed and refined and full of genetic changes that seem to inflame our bodies, cause our guts to leak, and trigger autoimmune diseases. Wheat’s been shown to cause digestive problems and can end up in the blood, causing advance aging, wrinkles, skin inflammation, ulcers, psoriasis, erythema, eczema, constipation, chronic allergies and a range of mind related issues.
The bread aisle isn’t the only place modern wheat hides. It’s in tons of processed foods, including:
• Frozen dinners
• Salad dressings
• Couscous products
• Different gums
• Canned soups and soup mixes
• Artificial food dyes (and some natural flavorings)
• Fast-food fries—they’re often fried in the same oil as breaded chicken patties
5. Corn-based food, especially the more heavily processed forms of corn (i.e., milled) that you’ll find in items like breakfast cereals, baked goods, tortillas, snacks, etc. exhibit a significantly higher glycemic index and contain little fiber, which means that they contribute to rapidly spiking your blood sugar and insulin levels which ends up being a recipe for fat loss disaster.
6. Dairy milk products – they contain cow hormones that have been linked to breast and prostate cancer. On top of large amounts of oestrogen and progesterone being present in the milk, Bovine Growth Hormone is also injected on a weekly basis into dairy cows in some countries to make them grow bigger faster, and produce more milk to sell.
So when we drink milk – we might be drinking bovine growth hormone, which has been linked to diseases like: breast and prostate cancer, hypertension, diabetes, skin inflammations (acne, redness, splotchy, or just dull skin). Dairy also increases the mucus production in the body, which leads to chronic allergies, sinusitis and a range of mind related issues.
“So, what now? What can I eat?” – you might wonder.
My main motto is “Everything in moderation” and if it affects you, cut it out from your daily intake. This is the only way for you to have a balanced lifestyle.
If you need a little help in cutting your sugar intake, please get your “Drop your sugar report” now.